2013…I have to say, you did quite a few pretty awesome things. Now, in no particular order, here are my…
1. Real-life super heroes who come together to help save the day.
2. Destiny’s Child Super Bowl Halftime Show Reunion Performance – There was SO much booty-shaking (and flames) on this stage that I just couldn’t handle it. Like, I….just…couldn’t. (They were right).
3. N’Sync Reunion Performance on the VMAs – Destiny’s Child AND N’Sync – in ONE year?!?! 2013 made. Note: there was a lot of loud singing, fist pumping and screeching done during this performance.
4. Stephen Colbert’s “Get Lucky” Performance – MTV…as if you don’t suck enough already – you deny Daft Punk to Stephen Colbert. Well, here is his awesome “slap in your face.”
5. Malala’s Interview on The Daily Show – Can she be president…of the world…like yesterday?
6. Google India Commercial – Cried like a baby.
7. Wendy Davis’s 11-Hour Filibuster to Block Senate Bill 5 – I mean, this woman came prepared – fashionably dressed, hair did, killer kicks and sharp words. Three words…What a BOSS.
8. Rejection of DOMA – You fly that rainbow flag boo.
9. Tina Fey and Amy Poehler Hosting the Golden Globes – If only Mindy Kaling was in on this, my life would have been made.
10. Nina Davuluri becoming the First Indian Woman to Win the Miss. America Title – No amount of twitter-flavored haterade stopped this woman. Seriously…women were on a major GIRL POWER role this year.
11. Orlando Bloom Reprising his Role as Legolas in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug – Did you really think I would leave this off my list?
12. Nelson Mandela – Even though we lost him this year – his words, actions and heart will always live on to inspire.
13. The pound sign is forever changed. #wanttohatethem #cannothatethem #wewontstop #watchthisformorehashtagfun
HAPPY NEW YEAR! XO, JO
And now, the short version:
All images via Google.